Last updated [January 25th, 2020]
With Victor Inventions you can sew a button in less than a minute, and it’s so resistant that you’ll never have to resew the button again.
You don’t need a needle, matching thread, scissors or thimble, nor do you need any special needlework skills. From now on, anyone can fix a button in no time and very easily.
Victor Inventions® works like a nylon tie: it slips through from under the fabric, it passes through the button holes and it locks into its small plate hidden beneath the fabric.
With all of our products, we focus on quality by having our products subject to rigorous quality checks before it reaches you.
We are located in United Kingdom.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products when participating in activities on the Site or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
- On this Website, we have integrated components of Stripe. Stripe is an online payment service provider. Stripe allows paying via various other payment methods, such as credit card, giropay, SOFORT and so on.
- The operating company of Stripe is Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd, 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin.
- If the data subject chooses one of the online payment methods as the payment option on our website during the registration process, the data of the data subject will be transmitted to Stripe. By doing so, the data subject agrees to the transmission of personal data required for payment processing.
- The personal data transmitted to Stripe is usually first name, last name and email address, or other data necessary for payment processing.
- The transmission of the data is aimed at payment processing and fraud prevention. The controller will transfer personal data to Stripe, in particular, if a legitimate interest in the transmission is given. The personal data exchanged between Stripe and the controller for the processing of the data will be transmitted by Stripe to economic credit agencies. This transmission is intended for identity and creditworthiness checks.
- Stripe provides personal data to affiliated companies and service providers or subcontractors as far as this is necessary for the fulfillment of contractual obligations or data in order to be processed.
- The data subject has the possibility to revoke the consent to the handling of personal data at any time from Stripe. A revocation shall not have any effect on personal data which must be processed, used or transmitted in accordance with (contractual) payment processing.
- The applicable data protection provisions of Stripe may be retrieved under https://stripe.com/ie/privacy.
Data protection provisions about the use of PayPal as a payment processor
On this website, we have integrated components of PayPal. PayPal is an online payment service provider. Payments are processed via so-called PayPal accounts, which represent virtual private or business accounts. PayPal is also able to process virtual payments through credit cards when a user does not have a PayPal account. A PayPal account is managed via an e-mail address, which is why there are no classic account numbers. PayPal makes it possible to trigger online payments to third parties or to receive payments. PayPal also accepts trustee functions and offers buyer protection services.
The European operating company of PayPal is PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. & Cie. S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
If the data subject chooses “PayPal” as the payment option during the online ordering process, we automatically transmit the data of the data subject to PayPal. By selecting this payment option, the data subject agrees to the transfer of personal data required for payment processing.
The personal data transmitted to PayPal is usually first name, last name, address, email address, IP address, telephone number, mobile phone number, or other data necessary for payment processing. The processing of the purchase contract also requires such personal data, which are in connection with the respective order.
The transmission of the data is aimed at payment processing and fraud prevention. The controller will transfer personal data to PayPal, in particular, if a legitimate interest in the transmission is given. The personal data exchanged between PayPal and the controller for the processing of the data will be transmitted by PayPal to economic credit agencies. This transmission is intended for identity and creditworthiness checks.
PayPal will, if necessary, pass on personal data to affiliates and service providers or subcontractors to the extent that this is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations or for data to be processed in the order.
The data subject has the possibility to revoke consent for the handling of personal data at any time from PayPal. A revocation shall not have any effect on personal data which must be processed, used or transmitted in accordance with (contractual) payment processing.
The applicable data protection provisions of PayPal may be retrieved under https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. If you access our site with your mobile device, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter), as well as from other third parties.
If you have chosen to subscribe to our newsletter, your first name, last name and e-mail address will be shared with our newsletter provider. This is to keep you updated with information and offers for marketing purposes. We send email content to our customers that may include the following: Transaction mail, Shipping notification, Weekly deal, Promotion, Activity.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you for related to your account, our business purposes, and/or for legal reasons. We may use your personal information to send you a product, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site.
- To protect our Site for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your consent. We may use your information to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for our business purposes and as legally required.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm as legally required. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Site) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient.
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GDPR ENTITLEMENT
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents:
Right to information – The purposes for processing Personal Information and the rights of the individual.
Right to access the Personal Information that is processed.
Right to erasure (”Right to be forgotten”).
Right to rectification.
Right to restriction of the processing.
Right to object (opt-out) to processing.
EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly at email@example.com.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) who is responsible for overseeing questions about this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact Data Protection Officer, at our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at email@example.com.